Header Ads

Riqui Puig says he may have to make a decision on his future

FC Barcelona B v Sabadell - Liga 2b Photo by Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The midfielder wants first-team minutes

Riqui Puig has admitted for the first time that he may have to leave Barcelona in search of regular playing time.

The Barcelona B star has regularly been linked with a loan move away from the club to help develop his career but has always insisted he wants to stay where he is.

Yet he has not managed to break into the first team this season and says if the situation continues he will have to think about his future. He also spoke about the rough treatment he has been getting while playing for Barca B this season.

”In theory I didn’t plan to leave on loan in the winter window, but we’ll see,” he said.

“I’d like to have more minutes (up a level) and if I see I won’t get them I’ll have to take a decision.

“This year there have been a lot of cases when the have come for me, I don’t know if it’s at club level or federation (RFEF) but they have to do something, because one day I’ll end up injured.”

Source | Sport

The January transfer window is likely to see players leave Barcelona. Both Ivan Rakitic and Carles Alena are being tipped to depart after struggling for game time this season.

The departure of the duo could open up a spot for Puig in the first team squad, but the 20-year-old may feel he is better off making a temporary switch until the end of the season.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.