Header Ads

Eden Hazard: 'I will never be a scorer like Messi'

Chelsea superstar Eden Hazard is undoubtedly one of the best footballers in the world, especially in the attacking front. The Belgium international can do things with the ball on his feet that very few players are able to. One of his weaknesses, however, is not being a goalscorer. He does a lot of things for his team, but he couldn't yet reach that next level mainly because of his lack of big scoring numbers.

And while he understands he needs to improve on that front, Hazard himself is clear about not feeling able to become a record-setting scorer like Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.

"I often ask myself what I can do to become like Messi and Ronaldo and score 50 or 60 goals in a season.

"I try of course but I realise that I will never be a true scorer. It's not in me. It is mainly mental.

"At 2-0, not thinking that is enough for example. Sometimes I still think after a goal, 'that's enough'.

"I'm not in search of records like some other players... if I can score between 15 and 20 goals each season, I will be very happy.

"I'm at a peak of my career but I want to become even better every day. I'm not there yet."

Source: Sport/Foot Magazine via FourFourTwo

We see your struggle there, Eden. There's only one guy to compare Messi to: Messi. Oh, and Ronaldo can score some goals too. It's tough to be like them, we get it.



Source: Renato Goncalves http://ift.tt/1ObDVGc

No comments

Powered by Blogger.