Header Ads

Matheus Fernandes talks Barca and what fans can expect

Club Atletico de Madrid v Real Valladolid CF - La Liga Photo by Alejandro Rios/DeFodi Images via Getty Images

The midfielder’s hero is Sergio Busquets

Matheus Fernandes has been talking about his move to Barcelona and explained what fans can expect from him next season.

The 22-year-old was signed in January from Palmeiras but headed off to Real Valladolid on loan, making three appearances for the club at the end of the season.

Fernandes is one of nine Barca players at the club this week for medical checks ahead of starting pre-season and has been talking about how he likes to play.

“I’m tall and quick, and I can beat opponents with my speed. I win balls too, I know how to apply playing pressure and I’m skilful. All of that is going to help me to adapt to playing for Barcelona.”

“I think the fact that Brazilians like to keep the ball at our feet is going to help a lot. FC Barcelona does everything with the ball, and that’s fundamental for me, very important, and I what I work hardest on every day. I try to get better every day and I’ll do all I can to help Barça.”

Source | FC Barcelona

The youngster also spoke about how Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi were his favorite players but reserved special praise for Sergio Busquets who he says he “always took inspiration from.”



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.