Header Ads

Dest confirms he’s torn his ACL and will undergo surgery

Dutch EredivisiePSV Eindhoven v AZ Alkmaar
Photo by ANP via Getty Images

Huge blow for the USMNT star

Barcelona loanee Sergino Dest has confirmed he’s suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament and is set to undergo an operation.

PSV had already confirmed that Dest is out of action with a “serious” knee injury, and the American has now opened up on the nature of the problem.

“Hey fans. Sergino here. I wanted to let you guys know about my injury. Unfortunately I have torn my ACL,” he said in a post on X.

“I will have an operation soon and will try to come back as soon as possible to my top level. It will be a difficult time for me but I know these times will only make me stronger. So, I will come back to make you all proud. See you all soon.”

Dest now looks set for a lengthy spell out of action which will come as a huge blow. He’s been enjoying a good season on loan with PSV set to win the Eredivisie title.

The full-back will also have to sit out the Copa America with the United States, and it’s not clear yet when he will be ready to return.

Dest’s future also seems more uncertain with the injury news. PSV have suggested they will still try to sign the American on a permanent basis but that move may now be in doubt given the severity of the injury.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.