Header Ads

Todibo: I know what it means to wear the No.6 shirt at Barca

The new arrival is a big Xavi fan

Jean-Clair Todibo was officially unveiled as a Barcelona player on Friday after his move to the Camp Nou was brought forward right before the close of the January transfer window.

The 19-year-old spoke about his admiration for compatriot Samuel Umtiti and being aware of the importance of the No. 6 shirt he has been handed.

“I am very happy to be here at Barcelona,” he said. ”I have always dreamt of one day playing for this great club and today my dream has come true.

”Umtiti is obviously a player I look up to and want to try to emulate. He is a World Cup winner and is one of the best players in his position. I will mirror the way in which he plays and listen to all of the advice he has for me,” he added.

”Xavi is a player I have always admired from a very young age. I am fully aware what it means to wear the number 6 shirt and I hope I can live up to the expectations that the shirt carries with it.”

Source | Marca

Eric Abidal was also present at his unveiling and said he’s a “first-team signing” and the club are only thinking of him in those terms.

He also confirmed they’d brought the move forward to prevent him from sitting on the bench for the remainder of the season at Toulouse.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.