Header Ads

Araujo says red card did not spoil Barcelona debut

FC Barcelona v Sevilla FC - La Liga Photo by Eric Alonso/MB Media/Getty Images

The defender was sent off against Sevilla

Ronaldo Araujo says the red card he received for Barcelona against Sevilla on Sunday did not spoil his debut for the Catalan giants.

The Uruguayan made his first appearance for Barca’s first team in the second half when Jean-Clair Todibo was replaced.

However, he lasted only 13 minutes before being shown a straight red card for a challenge on Javier Hernandez.

Yet Araujo says the sending off will not take the gloss off what was a memorable night for him at the Camp Nou.

“I’m really happy, it’s a dream for me, you always dream when you are little of making your debut especially for the first team,” he said.

“I’ll have to look at it again, but it’s not a foul for me. I put my arm in but it’s shoulder to shoulder and he went over.

“It’s the ref’s decision, but it’s not really going to spoil my debut so I’m happy.”

Source | Barcelona

It was a tough start to life in the first team for Araujo and looked a harsh call from referee Mateu Lahoz. His red card will mean he misses Barca’s next game, but he did train with the first team again on Monday after the match.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.