Header Ads

Eric Garcia discusses future, talks Messi to Man City rumors

Manchester City Training Session Photo by Matt McNulty - Manchester City/Manchester City FC via Getty Images

The teenager has offered his thoughts

Eric Garcia spoke to reporters on Tuesday while on Spain duty and, unsurprisingly, the subject of his future came up.

The Manchester City defender is wanted back at Barcelona and has already told the Citizens he won’t be renewing.

Garcia didn’t give much away about what might happen next but did suggest he could see out his contract at the Etiahd Stadium.

“I told City that I will not renew my contract, but still I have one season with them and hope to return,” he said.

“My goal is to train and play as much as possible to show here [with Spain] and in Manchester that the coach can count on me.

“What comes next is something I don’t know. I can’t control. I focus on what I can control.”

The 19-year-old defender was also predictably asked about the possibility of Lionel Messi heading to Barcelona and gave a pretty diplomatic response.

“At City we have not talked about Messi coming, but everyone would like to have Messi in their team.

“On the Messi issue, it’s something between clubs that I can’t get into.

“I am going to avoid the question if he would be a good signing for City because he is a Barca player and not I’m going to comment on it.”

Recent speculation has claimed Barcelona have made a €10m offer for Garcia but are willing to wait until next year when he’s free if it’s turned down. There’s also been speculation City could be willing to use Garcia as part of a deal to sign Lionel Messi.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.