Header Ads

Rakitic: I didn’t understand some Barcelona decisions

Sevilla v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

The midfielder completed a move to Sevilla this week

Newly-departed Ivan Rakitic is now free to speak about his time at Barcelona without restraint. Most of what’s come out of his mouth has been a positive reflection on his time at the club. Winning trophies, dominating the football world, and a strange ending.

Rakitic spoke about some of the strange ending this week. Specifically focusing on some of the decisions that he couldn’t understand at the time.

“The time had come for me to leave Barcelona. I was always available to play, and decisions were made that I didn’t understand. But I went along with them for the team.”

Rakitic | Source

The Croatian was also asked about his relationship with Lionel Messi and if he knew about his request for a departure.

“[Lionel] Messi and I were not best friends, but we always got along.

“He didn’t talk to me about his departure. I found out in the press.”

Rakitic | Source

Rakitic is now back at Sevilla after completing a return to the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium earlier this week.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.