Header Ads

Coutinho talks Bayern, intensity and Barcelona return

RC Celta v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander Photo by Jose Manuel Alvarez/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The Brazilian has enjoyed a strong start to the season

Philippe Coutinho has been talking about life at Barcelona and Bayern after returning to the Camp Nou following a successful spell with the Bavarian giants.

The Brazilian helped Hansi Flick’s side win the treble and looks a different player now he’s back at the Camp Nou.

Coutinho’s gone straight back into the starting XI and been one of Ronald Koeman’s best players in the opening three games of the season.

The 28-year-old has a goal and two assists from Barcelona’s first three games and has spoken about his motivation to succeed in La Liga.

“I have returned to Barcelona wanting to work, I am very motivated and happy,” he said.

“I have started the season on the right foot, playing well and I am very happy, I intend to push the intensity of my work to the limit to achieve great things this season.

“I want to achieve great things, and this means winning titles, for this I intend to maintain this good moment that I am in, a moment of joy and great confidence.”

Coutinho’s also spoken about what he’s learnt at Barcelona and Bayern since leaving Liverpool and heading for Spain in 2018.

“If there is something that I learned in the last two years of my life, it is about the intensity of the game and the way I train, this is a fundamental aspect, and it is how Barcelona, ​​Bayern and the Seleçao are currently working.

“At Bayern I learned a lot about work, because they are very intense in training and a natural consequence is the evolution in the physical part, which I have really had, because you work a lot and I have worked a lot .

“I already had this way of thinking, but now if I have to dedicate myself three or four times more than normal to be successful, that’s what I did, for example, to recover from the ankle operation.”

Source | Sport

Coutinho’s good form seems to have continued on the international scene too, as he scored in Brazil’s 5-0 win over Bolivia in World Cup qualifying on Friday.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.