Header Ads

Dembele feeling good at Barca amid contract talk

FC Barcelona v Real Valladolid CF - La Liga Santander
Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images

But will the Frenchman stay?

Ousmane Dembele has been talking about his future and admits he feels good at the club but has yet to open contract talks with Barcelona over a new deal.

There’s plenty of speculation about Dembele’s future currently with the forward out of contract in 2022 and yet to extend at the Camp Nou.

Barca are said to be keen to extend Dembele but the France international has given little away about what he plans to do next.

“My future ? I still have a year of contract left. There hasn’t been a discussion with the club yet, I’m happy, and I feel good,” he said.

“Then there is the new president who has arrived and whom I do not know too well, but he is very close to the players. We’ll see how it goes.”

Dembele also spoke about his return to fitness this season and hit back at rumors his physical problems had stemmed from lifestyle issues.

“Healthy living is just people talking. The injuries aren’t because of that. You don’t stay at Barca for four years with a poor lifestyle,” he said.

“I feel good since my return. Yes, it’s true that I stand up more to opponents. Clement [Lenglet] teases me by the way, telling me that I have to throw more punches!”

Source | BeinSports

The forward has become a regular at Barca this season after managing to shrug off his injury problems and has also been handed a recall to the France national team.

Speculation has suggested he may have to take a pay-cut if he is to stay and that Barca may sell if he does not renew to avoid losing the Frenchman for free next summer.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.