Header Ads

Duro sends classy message to Ter Stegen after Barca error

FC Barcelona v Valencia CF - LaLiga EA Sports
Photo by Manuel Queimadelos/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

Good stuff

Hugo Duro had some kind words for Marc-Andre ter Stegen after his mistake gifted the Valencia striker a goal against Barcelona on Monday.

Ter Stegen tried to chip the ball past Duro but made a mess of it and saw the striker score to make it 1-1 instead.

Duro was seen talking to Ter Stegen after scoring and was asked about the incident after the win for Barcelona.

“I don’t know how long it has been since Ter Stegen has made a mistake with his feet, but I know what it feels like. I’m coming off a very bad year in which nothing came off,” he told DAZN.

“Above all, we are people, we are colleagues and I think Ter Stegen is a great guy, who is never involved in any controversy, humble. [If it were the other way around] I would like them to behave towards me as I have with them.”

Ter Stegen wasn’t the only player left red-faced on Monday. Ronald Araujo conceded a penalty for a foul on Peter, while Valencia goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili saw red for handling outside the penalty area.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.