Header Ads

La Liga News: 9 September 2015: Tebas Sides With Real Madrid On De Gea, Feghouli Denies Barca Interest

Spain's top football division, La Liga, must be such a worldwide sporting attraction that it is able to deal with stars Ronaldo or Messi moving on, says the league's president. Javier Tebas says that either player could leave La Liga "within three seasons, and we need to be ready for that".
"All I know is when I spoke to Madrid, things happened a bit late but I believe in Real Madrid’s version a little more than Manchester United’s version." When asked if Real Madrid contacted him to appeal, Tebas said: "No. They just rang to see what had actually happened and if there was any way within the rules that it could be put right. Having been involved in those situations myself in the past, when things get tight to the deadline, I believe Madrid did everything they could and behaved in totally the proper way to make sure David de Gea would have been on his way to play for that club."
Sofiane Feghouli says he wants to renew his contract with Valencia and doesn’t know if there’s any truth in mooted Barcelona interest. The Algeria international’s current deal expires at the end of the season and, while he has thus far declined to speak to the local Press, has discussed the situation with an Algerian website. "How did I learn about Barca’s interest? From the Press, like everyone else. I can’t comment on a rumour or a newspaper article. If there was official contact I might have reacted."
Having helped Real win the Champions League at the end of his first season there, Bale endured a difficult second campaign, finding himself booed by the some of the Bernabéu faithful at stages. As a result there was speculation he would return to England, with Manchester United a known admirer of the 26-year-old. But, according to Jonathan Barnett, Bale is far more content in Spain under Rafael Benítez, who replaced Ancelotti prior to the start of the season, and wants to stay at the club and achieve his ambition of winning the Ballon d’Or.
Having signed Denis at the end of the transfer window from Barcelona, Villarreal took the opportunity to present their two latest signings to their fans yesterday.
"During my second year at Madrid, Jose Mourinho gave me a kick up the backside. I wasn't doing well, I wasn't managing to do what he wanted me to out on the pitch. So he chided me, saying, 'Why don't you run in training?' My first reaction was to mutter, 'Oh come on...' But I knew he was right, I had more to give", Varane revealed.
Sevilla are reportedly monitoring Inter defender Yuto Nagatomo and considering an approach in the January window. Estadio Deportivo reports that a move is only likely if there’s an injury or unexpected departure for left-backs Sergio Escudero or Benoit Tremoulinas.


Source: Arron Duckling http://ift.tt/1KDIImp

No comments

Powered by Blogger.