Header Ads

Vermaelen not worried about injuries: "I'm not afraid of a challenge anymore"

Thomas Vermaelen has in many ways become Barcelona's new summer signing. After a whole year battling injuries and working to finally make his debut for the Catalan giants, the Belgium international has left his troubled past behind an is without a doubt one of the most solid Blaugrana performers so far in this young season.

His great performances with the club have earned him a return to the national team for the first time since the World Cup in Brazil, and Vermaelen gave an interview while on international duty about his current form, starting for his club and coming back to the Red Devils. Take a look:

"I'm no longer afraid to challenge someone and I feel very close to the best form of my career. To me it was very important to take part in the entire preseason with the club. While I haven't been good in the Spanish Supercopa, I'm happy to be playing and to have started in the first league games, and even happier because we won.

"Now I really feel like I am a Barcelona player and I'm doing very well physically. I'm so content to be playing again and to see how things are evolving.

"I was flattered to know Marc Wilmots wanted me back to integrate the defense alongside Kompany, but I know I have to perform in training.

"Belgium's latest results have been a bit disappointing, but we're going to give our best."

Source: cadenaSporza via Mundo Deportivo

Vermaelen and his team face Bosnia Herzegovina and Cyprus this week.



Source: Renato Goncalves http://ift.tt/1XfEzZx

No comments

Powered by Blogger.