Header Ads

Dani Alves says he could have returned to Barca

Brazil v Peru: Final - Copa America Brazil 2019 Photo by Chris Brunskill/Fantasista/Getty Images

The Brazilian opted to move to Sao Paolo instead

Dani Alves reckons he had the chance to return to former clubs Barcelona and Juventus during the summer transfer window.

The Brazil international left Paris Saint-Germain in June after two years with the Ligue 1 club and signed for Sao Paulo in August.

There were a few rumors in the summer about a possible Barcelona return, and Alves says in a video for The Players’ Tribune that he turned down the chance to come back.

“I had the chance to go back to Juventus. I also had the chance to go back to Barca, because I wanted that.

“I don’t decide what I do all of a sudden. I think: ‘What will this club give me? How will this place make me a better person? How will this place make me a better professional?’

“They think I have an expiry date. I am feeling like a young boy once again. I am back in time and I am starting my career now.”

Alves ultimately joined Sao Paolo as a free agent on a three-year deal after a successful Copa America campaign with Brazil. He also explained that what was crucial to his decision was joining a club who would allow him to fight for a place in the Brazil squad for the 2022 World Cup.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.