Header Ads

De Jong isn’t ‘panicking’ over slow Barcelona form

CA Osasuna v FC Barcelona - LaLiga Santander Photo by Pressinphoto/Icon Sport via Getty Images

The Dutchman says he’ll get better at the Camp Nou

Frenkie de Jong was one of Barcelona’s most important signings this year. The young Dutch midfielder is the future of the club’s midfield, and as with most new players at a big club, he’s struggled out the gate.

The good news for De Jong and Barcelona is that he has his head on straight and seems to be taking the slow start in stride.

“Things went well in pre-season, but I have to say I haven’t played my best game in the competitive fixtures,”

“The football is very different from what I am used to. I had the fewest touches against Real Betis, when usually it’s the other way around.

“People panic, but I don’t. I’ve been a bit flat so far. I know I can contribute a lot more with the ball during the game. I can be a lot more dominant, so I don’t worry too much about it.”

Frenkie De Jong | Source

Remaining patient with De Jong is vital, and despite a slow start, the fans and De Jong himself seem to be taking the patient approach.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.