Header Ads

Rakitic is not happy with life on the Barcelona bench

Granada CF v FC Barcelona - La Liga Photo by Aitor Alcalde/Getty Images

The midfielder says he might have to rethink his future

Ivan Rakitic has been talking about his lack of game time at Barcelona this season while away on international duty with Croatia and has made it clear he is not happy.

The midfielder has been seen as one of Ernesto Valverde’s favourites up until now but has found himself sidelined in the early weeks of the 2019-20 campaign.

Rakitic has made just one start for Barca so far and admits his future is a little uncertain but says he is willing to fight for his palce.

“I don’t know what will come now. It’s tough because I want to play and not just be part of the team. I will do everything possible to change my situation. I have two years left on my deal and there’s no better place to play than Barcelona, the best club in the world, but I need to play and not just enjoy walks around the city and the beach.

“I want to fight so that the team see me ready to deliver on the pitch. I want to thank the fans for the affection they showed me this weekend, but if nothing changed, we will have to sit down and talk about my situation again.”

Source | 24sata (via Sport)

The Croatian was linked with a move away in the summer transfer window, while a recent report has suggested he could be sold this season as Barcelona need to generate funds to balance the books.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.