Header Ads

Semedo has earned Setien’s trust at Barca

Barcelona V Leganes Photo by Tim Clayton/Corbis via Getty Images

The defender has become a regular under the new boss

Nelson Semedo seems to be one of the big winners of Quique Setien’s appointment as Barcelona boss after becoming a regular fixture in the starting XI.

Semedo didn’t feature in Setien’s first two games in charge of the club, but he has started their last four in a row at right-back and looked in good shape.

The Portugal international spoke to reporters after Sunday’s win over Real Betis and seems to be relishing Setien’s trust in him.

“Things are going well for me, the new coach trusts me a lot and what I do is work as hard as I can to justify that confidence,” he said.

“This may be my best season in Barcelona. I am very happy with what is happening to me, it is a pity that the team is not leading. But there is still a lot of championship ahead of us and we can still become champions.”

There has been frequent speculation about Semedo during his time with the club, and January brought fresh rumors that he’s no longer considered untransferable.

The second half of the season may be his last chance to prove he has a future at Barcelona, but he certainly seems to have Setien’s trust for now.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.