Header Ads

Todibo: I deserved more playing time at Barcelona

Real Sociedad v FC Barcelona - La Liga Photo by Juan Manuel Serrano Arce/Getty Images

The youngster has struggled for minutes at the Camp Nou

Jean-Clair Todibo has been talking about his time at Barcelona and how he feels he deserved more chances with the Catalan giants.

The Frenchman made three appearances for the club this season before being sent out on loan to Schalke for the second half of the campaign.

Todibo says he understands why he was not a regular, with Gerard Pique around, but believes he could have been given more opportunities to impress.

“For me, this season, I deserved more playing time. The first six months, when I arrived, I did not mind not playing because in training, I saw that I didn’t have the level yet.

“But this year, I would have deserved to play more. But I didn’t make a big deal out of it because it was the choice of the coach and I understand.

“If I’m a coach, I prefer to put Piqué to Todibo. He has a real track record, he’s a great player. But I think I could have played certain matches.”

Source | Onze Mondiale

Schalke opted not to take up the purchase option in Todibo’s contract, and he has since returned to Barcelona. Yet rumors suggest he may not be at the club next season with Barca keen to raise funds by selling the centre-back.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.