Header Ads

Ivan Rakitic bids a fond farewell to Barcelona

FC Barcelona v RCD Mallorca - La Liga Photo by Eric Alonso/MB Media/Getty Images

The Croatian is heading back to Sevilla

Ivan Rakitic discussed his time at Barcelona this week. The midfielder said goodbye to Barcelona in lieu of a move to Sevilla.

Raktic’s time at Barcelona cemented him as one of the best in Barcelona history. In only six years at the club Rakitic won 16 trophies and embodied consistency each match he played in. The Croatian said he is “proud, grateful and happy” about his time at Barcelona.

“It is an honour to be the foreign player with the fourth most games played in the history of Barça. There’s also a stat I’ve been told about, that I am the one with the highest average of games played per season (51). It’s a figure that’s not easy to reach.

“I want to be remembered as a humble, normal Rakitic. There’s nothing better than going to the Cuidad Deportiva after having a white coffee at home in the morning. You can always do things a lot better but the most important thing is to give the best I can, my absolute maximum.

“If anybody sees me make a mistake, I’m sorry. I don’t want to regret anything because everything I’ve done has been with the best intentions and without meaning to disrespect anyone.”

Rakitic | Source

Sevilla have paid €1.5 million with €9m in variables to land Rakitic on a four-year deal.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.