Header Ads

Rakitic discusses relationship with Messi and Suárez

Barcelona V Mallorca Photo by Tim Clayton/Corbis via Getty Images

The Croatian addressed rumors that he didn’t get along with the team’s biggest stars

Ivan Rakitic is now a Sevilla player but he’s still having to answer questions about his time at Barcelona, specifically about his relationship with the club’s biggest stars.

Ever since Rakitic left there have been rumors about Rakitic not getting along with Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez, which may have contributed to the Croatian being sold this summer. But according to Rakitic, while they weren’t the closest of friends, they always maintained a solid professional relationship which contributed to six years of success for Ivan and the team.

“I’ve said my side. My relationship with them was never one of close friends. I believe that’s hard in a group of 23 or 24 players. My closest friends were Andres Iniesta, ter Stegen, Boateng and Junior Firpo last season. But I respect them both. They were my teammates for six years and are very important players. I’ve always got on incredibly well and have the utmost respect for them.

During the coronavirus lockdown, we’ve all been very close together, almost neighbours. I’m very thankful for how they’ve treated me over the years.”

Source: El Desmarque via Diario SPORT

Rakitic is now ready to restart his Sevilla career and we wish him nothing but the best. This man played his heart out every time, and he won titles as a key part of the team. Good luck, Ivan!



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.