Header Ads

Barcelona confirm hamstring injury for Jordi Alba

FC Barcelona v Sevilla FC - La Liga Santander Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

The full-back hobbled off against Sevilla

Barcelona have confirmed that left-back Jordi Alba suffered a hamstring injury in Sunday’s draw against Sevilla at the Camp Nou.

The 31-year-old hobbled off late in the second half and was replaced by new signing Sergino Dest for the final 15 minutes.

Barca haven’t said yet how long Alba will be out for but it comes at a good time for the defender given the club are not in action for two weeks due to the international break.

Barca’s next game is not until October 18 when they visit Getafe, and Ronald Koeman does have options if Alba is unavailable.

Junior Firpo could make his first appearance of the season, while Dest is also an option at left-back for the Catalan giants.

The teenager told reporters after the match that he’s happy to play on either side after making his debut off the bench against Sevilla.

“I can play on either side, I don’t mind. If the coach needs me on the left, there’s no problem.

“I am really happy to make my debut and grateful for the confidence showed in me by the coach. I would have liked to get the three points instead of one, though, because that’s the most important thing.

“But it’s an incredible feeling to make my debut for Barcelona and to play in this stadium, the stadium of my dreams, despite the fact there were no fans there.”

Koeman’s already said he won’t be afraid to throw Dest into his starting line-up, and it could be we see the 19-year-old in the team sooner rather then later.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.