Header Ads

Dest discusses why he opted for Barca not Bayern

Ajax v Vitesse - Dutch Eredivisie Photo by Soccrates/Getty Images

The teenager followed his heart

Sergino Dest was officially unveiled as a Barcelona player on Friday and explained why he chose to move to the Camp Nou rather than join European champions Bayern Munich.

Both clubs were linked with the 19-year-old, but Barca won the race and have signed the USMNT starlet on a five-year contract.

Dest says he has always wanted to play for the Catalan giants and couldn’t turn the club down when they came calling.

“I’m proud to be the first-ever American here. It’s a dream come true and I can’t wait to get started with my new team mates,” he said.

“Bayern are a great club and there was interest from them, but I followed what my heart told me to and for that I signed for Barca. I think it was the right decision.

“They are a club with so much history and I’ve always wanted to play here.”

The youngster has been handed the No. 2 shirt at Barcelona and will now link up with his new team-mates ahead of Sunday’s clash against Sunday in La Liga.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.