Header Ads

Sergino Dest says Barcelona move is a ‘big challenge’

FC Barcelona v Sevilla FC - La Liga Santander Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

The new arrival wants to make the most of his opportunity

Barcelona’s latest signing Sergino Dest has been talking about his move to the Camp Nou and admits it’s a “big challenge” to play for the Catalan giants.

Dest is still only 19 and knows that he has his doubters but feels that moving to a big club is the best way to continue his development.

“I know a lot of people say I could use one more year to develop myself, but I feel like I like challenges. So I feel like if I’m going to this club, then I will develop because then I see what I have to improve on the most, you know? And it’s just a big challenge for me and it keeps motivating me for developing myself all the time and playing with the best players of the world.

“I dreamed of this all the time. So now I get the opportunity to play for such a big club like this, so I should take it and try, and I think I can learn a lot of things from all those players, because it’s a really good team. The best player of the world is here, Messi. I can learn a lot from them and it’s the same—if you’re in Spain, it’s easier to learn Spanish. So I feel like if I’m with the best players, it’s easier to develop myself to be honest.”

Source | Sports Illustrated

Dest will be hoping to make his full debut for Barcelona on Saturday against Getafe after coming on as a substitute last time out against Sevilla. Jordi Alba is still on the injured list which means he could feature at left-back.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.