Header Ads

Memphis Depay drops future hint amid Barcelona rumors

TOPSHOT-FBL-FRA-LIGUE1-LYON-DIJON Photo by PHILIPPE DESMAZES/AFP via Getty Images

The Lyon captain is not ruling out a January exit

Barcelona may be desperately trying to cut costs but that hasn’t stopped them being continually linked with a move for Lyon captain Memphis Depay.

The Catalan giants are expected to try and land Memphis again in January after missing out in the summer. The injury to Ansu Fati may make the club even more determined.

Depay dropped a big hint over his future after Lyon’s win over St Etienne on Sunday after being asked about his future at the club yet.

The 26-year-old refused to confirm he would still be at the Ligue 1 side come the end of the season when he’ll be a free agent.

“You ask me a lot about this question. But I’m not going to make promises that I’m not sure I can keep. I think Lyon has to take advantage of my presence here now. And I have to take advantage of being here. And that’s what I’m trying to do. to do every day. You can ask those around me: I like to train and I try to be positive every day.”

Source | Sport

Ronald Koeman said during the last international break he hoped Barca would go back in for Depay but that it would depend on the club’s financial situation. Barca will surely have to sell before they can buy which should make for another intriguing window.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.