Header Ads

Ronald Koeman reveals what Lionel Messi told him after star tried to leave

Juventus v FC Barcelona: Group G - UEFA Champions League Photo by Tullio Puglia - UEFA/UEFA via Getty Images

The manager met an “unhappy” Messi

Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman has revealed the conversation he had with Lionel Messi over the summer, after the Argentine star tried to leave the club.

“When I arrived, they told me that Messi was unhappy,” he said in an interview. “We spoke at his house. He explained his reasons to me and I was honest, I told him that the only thing I can change is football; the system, his position on the field, his importance in the team. But the things that he had had with the club I could not change.”

Messi wanted to leave to join Manchester City, but was not allowed to by Barcelona.

Koeman was complimentary to his captain: “Messi has shown me he is a person who wants to win things, be the best, and continue to be the best, even though he had his problems with the club.

“Today, Barça has been, is and will be, a better team with Messi than without Messi.”



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.