Header Ads

Todibo ‘strongly hopes’ he can stay at Nice

Paris Saint-Germain v OGC Nice - Ligue 1 Uber Eats
Photo by Xavier Laine/Getty Images

The center-back joined on loan in the winter

Jean-Clair Todibo seems to be enjoying himself in France with Ligue 1 side Nice after sealing a loan switch at the end of the January transfer window.

The defender started off the season with Benfica but barely played during his brief time in Portugal and ended up moving to Nice instead for the second half of the 2020-21 campaign.

Todibo has been talking about his future at a press conference and made it clear he is keen to stay with Adrian Ursea’s side past the end of the season.

“I don’t know if it is sorted (for next season), but it is an ambition of mine. So I strongly hope it happens. My individual performances will determine if I stay here or not. Nothing is done.”

The 21-year-old also said he wasn’t too interested with how Barcelona are faring this season and is far more focused on playing for Nice.

“Without lying to you, I am not strongly interested in what’s going on. I watch from time to time matches when my French colleagues play like Ousmane Dembélé, Clément Lenglet or Samuel Umtiti. I watch just because I consider them to be friends. But aside from that I am not necessarily following them.

“I am focused on OGC Nice, that is most important for me. What good does it do to dream of the Barcelona defence when at the weekend I play vs Rennes or Nîmes. The most important thing is to focus on those matches. They are matches that will bring points for Nice. Today I am a Nice player, I am not a Barcelona player.”

Todibo was also asked about Barcelona’s chances of pulling off a comeback against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League but wasn’t too bothered about that either.

“Honestly that doesn’t interest me at all. I hope for them that they will do a Remontada. They either do it, or they don’t. That is not my problem if you know what I mean.”

Source | Get French Football News

Barcelona’s loan deal with Nice lasts until the end of January but does include a purchase option if the club do want to make the deal permanent. Nice can sign Todibo for €8.5 million, plus €7m in variables.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.