Header Ads

Monchu says emotional goodbye to Barcelona

FC Barcelona B V RCD Espanyol B - Segunda B
Photo by Xavier Bonilla/NurPhoto via Getty Images

The says a fond farewell

Former Barcelona B captain Monchu has said an emotional goodbye to the club after sealing an exit from the Camp Nou side.

The midfielder spent last season on loan at Girona and there had been reports of a disagreement about his contract after the Catalan team failed to achieve promotion.

Monchu is now expected to join Granada in a deal that reportedly could include a buy-back option and has taken to Instagram to say goodbye to the Catalans.

“Dear culés, the day has come to say goodbye ...Since my arrival at this club in 2012 when I was only 13 years old, I have felt loved at all times by my colleagues, members of the coaching staff, managers and workers that make up this sports entity. I will always be grateful for everything that I have experienced with all of you during my initiation, and later in training sports career on a personal and professional level.

“My gratitude to this beautiful club, and especially to the fans who accompanied me not only in the games, but also in the good moments to celebrate them and in the bad.

“During these incredible eight years I have lived dreams that I had since I was a child and I started playing this sport. I had the opportunity to debut with F.C. Barcelona B on December 15, 2017, I was the captain in the 19/20 season, I debuted with the first team on August 8, 2020, I heard the Champions League anthem, etc.

“Finally, I would like to thank, in addition to the members of the club who made my arrival possible, my family and loved ones, who since this beautiful opportunity arose, accompanied me on this trip which meant leaving my home and continuing to do what I love so much. Thank you very much, F.C. Barcelona. I am convinced that our paths will cross again!”

Granada are expected to make Monchu’s deal official shortly. It’s been reported he will sign a 3-4 year deal with the club. The midfielder moves on a free transfer but Barcelona will have a buyback option and have also reserved a percentage of any future sale.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.