Header Ads

Alba defends himself from criticism after Messi’s

FC Barcelona v Real Sociedad - La Liga Santander
Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images

‘The lies annoy me, they tire me’

Jordi Alba spoke out against some of the online criticism the left-back has been receiving. Part of the reason Lionel Messi was forced to leave Barcelona was Alba not taking a pay cut sooner, so said the critics.

However, Alba was sure to speak up and defend himself against such nonsense. It’s nice when it comes off the back of a 4-2 opening match win.

“No one called me before Euro 2020, that’s false,” he said.

“When the club talks with me, I am willing. I’m from here, spending my whole life in Barcelona. That my commitment is questioned hurts me a lot.

“As the president hasn’t spoken specifically about this yet, I suppose he will speak and he’ll tell the truth.”

“My lawyers have spoken to the club.”

Alba | Source

The full-back also made it clear he feels there have been plenty of lies printed about him recently.

“My lawyers have spoken to the club. Pique’s was concluded first simply because of the timing but the willingness of all the captains was always as it had to be.

“The lies annoy me, they tire me. I can put up with a lot, but I suffer for my family and the things they have to hear.

“Apart from being the best ever, Leo [Messi] was the one who understood me best, so imagine the efforts I would have made for him to stay.”

“It’s not true [that Messi left because of a pay cut the captains rejected]... the Messi stuff was separate from the captains, between he club and him.”

Just gotta say, it's a bit wild if it's true no one thought to ask him to take a pay cut before Euro 2020. Great planning Barca!



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.