Header Ads

Memphis Depay wants to bring joy to Barcelona

FC Barcelona v Real Sociedad - La Liga Santander
Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images

‘I try to give something extra on the pitch’

Memphis Depay seems to have settled into life at Barcelona very quickly after arriving on a free transfer and has been talking about his early days at the Camp Nou.

The Dutchman impressed in pre-season with three goals and followed that up with an assist on his La Liga debut in the 4-2 win over Real Sociedad.

Memphis says he’s been made to feel welcome by his new teammates and is hoping to bring joy to the fans during his stay at the club.

“Everyone has been very nice and they have made it easy for me,” he said.

“Pique has helped me a lot because his English is good. With Alba I also have a lot of fun. Of course, Frenkie and Dest also, because I already knew them. It’s a nice dressing room.

“I try to give something extra on the pitch, something important for the team, to bring joy to the game. That’s why the connection with the fans is incredible. It makes me feel fantastic and I hope it continues. I’ll give everything on the pitch for them to enjoy.”

The Dutchman also spoke about his relationship with coach Ronald Koeman and made it clear his compatriot is a big influence.

He added, “I know what [Koeman] wants from me. I know what I have to do, there’s a chemistry between us. That’s very important.”

Source | El Periodico

Memphis is expected to start again on Saturday as Barcelona head to Athletic where he’ll be hoping to open his La Liga account for his new club.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.