Header Ads

Eric Garcia piles praise on Gerard Pique

FBL-ESP-LIGA-BARCELONA-ERIC GARCIA
Photo by LLUIS GENE/AFP via Getty Images

The defender is loving life back at the Camp Nou

Eric Garcia is expected to be a key member of the Barcelona defense for years to come. The newly signed star has a wonderful future ahead of him and has a lovely path to follow right next to him. The hero of Barca, Gerard Pique, blazed a similar career path to Eric Garcia and the youngster chatted about that this week.

“I hope that in a few years I can say that I have had a career like Gerard Pique has had and has. He has been and is one of the best centre-backs there has been. To play by his side and learn from him in training is something incredible.”

Garcia | Source

He also talked about how exciting it was to play on the same pitch as another one of his idols, Carles Puyol.

“I have a lot of of contract with him for many years, in Manchester not so much, but he is my reference, my idol, I grew up seeing him play at Camp Nou. Now that I’m going to play on the field is an incredible feeling.”

Garcia | Source

Garcia has taken on the No. 24 shirt at Barcelona this season which is the same number Puyol wore for a couple of seasons before switching to his famous No. 5



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.