Header Ads

Nico says he’ll think about his future after Euro 2024

FBL-ESP-CUP-ATHLETIC BILBAO-MALLORCA
Photo by JAIME REINA/AFP via Getty Images

The forward has been linked with a move

Nico Williams says he’ll wait until after Euro 2024 to think about his future when quizzed about speculation while on international duty with Spain.

The Athletic Club star is thought to be one of Barca’s top targets, if they have funds to sign, but says he’s only thinking about his current team right now.

He offered up the following response when asked if he knew where he’d be playing next season.

“I am very happy at Athletic. It is the club that has given me everything, it is the club that has bet on me 100%, I am very happy in Bilbao and that is what I have to say,” he told COPE.

“Yes, I have it quite clear. Athletic is my home, I am very happy and what I want to do is focus on the Eurocup, which is very important because if you are not 100% in a competition like this, it will pass you by and the rest, I do not know what is going to happen

“I have told my representative that I do not want to know anything until the Euro Cup is over, I am 100% focused and my desire is to win the Euro Cup.”

Williams signed a new contract in December, with a release clause which is thought to be around €50 million, and was asked if it was a way of ensuring he didn’t leave for free and guaranteed Athletic a fee.

“I was comfortable in Bilbao, I knew I wanted to continue, both parties decided to stay together, I was very happy, I decided to renew and little else,” he added.

Williams’ price tag makes it difficult to see him signing for the club this summer, while both Pedri and Lamine Yamal have both said they love playing with him while on Spain duty.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.