‘You rethink a lot of things’ - Pedri opens up after injury setback
Why does it always happen?
Barcelona midfielder Pedri has opened up on his injury problems after being sidelined with a knee problem at Euro 2024.
The Spain international was hurt by a challenge from Toni Kroos and has been diagnosed with a sprained left knee.
It’s the latest setback for Pedri and he admits he’s done a lot of thinking after being forced out of action yet again.
“The first few days are always the worst. When you can barely walk, you’re in a lot of pain. You rethink a lot of things, why it always happens to you, what you can improve,” he told the media.
“In this case it was a blow and there’s little room for improvement, but you always try to look for the positive side, it will help you try to improve and overcome the little obstacles that are in your path, it will make you stronger.
“I was coming off a difficult season for me, I’d had a lot of injuries, I haven’t had the continuity that I would like, that’s what a footballer likes the most, to have that continuity. When these mishaps happen, you rethink a lot of things.”
Pedri has stayed with the Spain squad for the duration of the tournament and will be cheering the team on from the sidelines later today when they face England in the Euro 2024 final.
Source: barcablaugranes.com
Post a Comment