Header Ads

‘This has made me stronger’ - Gavi opens up on injury recovery

FC Barcelona v Real Betis Sevilla - LaLiga EA Sports
Photo by Eric Verhoeven/Soccrates/Getty Images

The midfielder is ready to play again

Barcelona have welcomed Gavi back to the squad for the first time in 348 days after the midfielder recovered from a serious knee injury.

The club have also issued a documentary that shows the midfielder’s long, and often hard, road to recovery. Gavi, rather typically, admitted it if had been up to him, he would have returned sooner.

“If it was up to me it would have taken just 7-8 months. But with the serious injury, I couldn’t rush things. I had to follow the right time line,” he told Barca One.

“This has made me stronger mentally. When you go through an injury like this, it makes you tougher. Mentally I feel more prepared. It’s tough but I tried to handle it the best I could.”

Gavi also spoke about how he believes the injury has made him stronger and expressed his gratitude for the support he received from fans and team-mates.

“If it weren’t for my team-mates, every day, supporting me and asking me how I’m doing. I felt very supported by the whole team and I’m really grateful to them all. The fans sent me so many messages during these months. I saw them. The fans were 10 out of 10 and I will always appreciate that,” he added.

“I knew from the beginning I had injured my knee because, in the end, you know. With these injuries you know and you feel it. I was sure something had happened.

“A very intense pain, that’s what made the recovery so hard. Bending all the way. Some days were really bad. When I felt I could take no more I’d stop. Every day we pushed a little more. And now it’s almost like it was before.”

Gavi is in the Barcelona squad to face Sevilla later today, but we’ll have to wait and see if Hansi Flick opts to give him minutes.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.