Header Ads

Pedri says a classy goodbye to Las Palmas

Las Palmas v Mirandes - La Liga SmartBank Photo by Gabriel Jimenez/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The youngster will join Barcelona in the summer

Pedi may only be 17 but he doesn’t seem to be lacking in maturity if his goodbye message to Las Palmas is anything to go by.

The youngster scored in Monday’s 5-1 win over Extremadura as Pepe Mel’s side finished off their league campaign with a big win.

Pedri then spoke to reporters after the game and said all the right things about his club as he prepares for a new challenge with Barcelona.

“I’m very happy to contribute to the team, but a little sad because it is the farewell to a stadium that has given me everything.

“This season and this victory is for them, for the fans, although they could not have been here.

“I am very happy to have belonged to UD Las Palmas and also for everything that this club has given me, the people that have surrounded me, the team and the coach. I only have words of thanks for everything.”

Source | Canarias7

Manager Mel had some kind words for Pedri after the game and urged Barcelona to keep hold of the young star.

“I said goodbye to him as if I wasn’t going to see him around here anymore because it doesn’t depend on us, but we’ll see. We will be optimistic. If I were the Barça coach, I would keep Pedri because when he plays with players of that level and sees how he associates, he will see that he is a very profitable player.”

Pedri is expected to join up with Barcelona for pre-season, and the club will then take a decision on his future. Recent rumors have suggested the club are not willing to listen to offers and he will be at the Camp Nou next season.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.