Header Ads

Brazilian wonderkid wants Barcelona transfer: "It's my dream"

One of the best prospects in Brazilian football does not have doubts about his favorite destination, and he wants to follow in the footsteps of a former teammate who's currently tearing it up at Barcelona.

Gabriel Barbosa, known simply as Gabriel or Gabigoal, is a 19-year-old who's the star of Santos FC, currently one of the best teams in the Brazilian league. With 9 goals and 4 assists in the last 15 games, Gabriel was linked with a move to Europe, most notably Galatasaray of Turkey, but he decided not to go because he has one destination in mind: Catalonia.

"Every kid dreams of playing for Barcelona one day. It's no different with me. I'd love to go there after I finish my career with Santos, but I'm focused in winning with my team for now"

Gabriel to ESPN Brazil

In case you remember, Gabriel is one of the players involved in the deal between Barça and Santos for Neymar Jr. The Blaugrana acquired the priority to sign the young striker until 2018. Sources say that club scouts have followed Gabriel closely since June, and he might be added to the list of potential Pedro Rodríguez replacements.

If an offer ever comes around, it seems like Gabriel wouldn't hesitate to say yes.



Source: Renato Goncalves http://ift.tt/1FzRZ7r

No comments

Powered by Blogger.