Header Ads

Denis challenges Valverde to play him in Catalan derby

The midfielder scored twice in the Copa del Rey

Denis Suarez came out and spoke confidently about his chances of playing in upcoming fixtures.

The Barcelona midfielder has had a tough season after getting injured on the US tour.

He appeared in the Copa del Rey win over Cultural Leonesa on Wednesday night and grabbed two goals, making a case he’s ready to appear in league matches.

“I am happy with the game and with the goals and for the people who don’t play as much and today could participate,” he said.

“Happy too for the people from La Masia who were able to make their debut. I was at Barca B for a year and I know what it means to come from the youth team. I think there’s a lot of talent in the youth side and that you don’t need to go elsewhere when there’s so much talent at home.”

“I felt very good on the pitch. Today was an exam for me and I think that I passed this test, but let’s see if I’m going to play on Saturday.

“The final decision is always up to the coach. I don’t have the minutes that I wanted to have and I only want to play. I think I am working well and my only objective is playing more.”

Denis Suarez | Source

Denis hasn’t managed a single minute yet in La Liga - does he deserves some playing time against Espanyol? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.