Header Ads

Clement Lenglet shines on France debut

The Barcelona defender started, while Samuel Umtiti was benched

Clement Lenglet made his France debut on Tuesday night as Les Bleus finished their season with a comfortable 4-0 win over minnows Andorra in Euro 2020 qualifying.

The Barcelona defender took over from Samuel Umtiti in the starting XI and ensured the world champions bounced back from a poor defeat to Turkey last time out.

Didier Deschamps made plenty of changes to his side for the match, and they went on to win thanks to goals from Kylian Mbappe, Wissam Ben Yedder, Florian Thauvin and Kurt Zouma.

Lenglet enjoyed a decent debut and topped the passing charts for France.

He also spoke about his performance after the match and his happiness at pulling on the France shirt for the first time.

“I am happy for my debut, I am very happy, since it is a great pleasure to play with France. Playing and winning in my first game has been phenomenal,” he said.

“I have been waiting for this time for a long time, during all this time I have been waiting and I have worked hard for this moment to come”

Source | Sport

Lenglet has already benched Umtiti at Barcelona, largely due to his knee injury, but his performance may just have given Deschamps something to think about going forwards.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.