Header Ads

De Ligt on future: It’s important a young player plays

The defender will go on holiday and then decide his future

Dutch defender Matthijs de Ligt spoke about his future yet again after the Netherlands’ UEFA Nations League defeat to Portugal on Sunday.

The Ajax centre-back is being tipped to move to either Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain in the summer and spoke about his desire for playing time wherever he goes.

“I’m going on vacation now. I will think what is best for me and then I will decide. I think it’s important that a young player plays, that’s the only thing I know, “

Source | Mundo Deportivo

If De Ligt does move to Barcelona then he will find some fierce competition at centre-back with Gerard Pique, Samuel Umtiti, Clement Lenglet and Jean-Clair Todibo in the squad.

The Ajax star also spoke after the match about how Cristiano Ronaldo asked him if he was moving to Turin after the full-time whistle.

He told NOS: “He asked me to come to Juventus. I was a little shocked by that question, that’s why I laughed. I didn’t understand him at first.”



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.