Header Ads

Suarez says he’s feeling ‘fantastic’ after knee surgery

The striker says he needed a break after a tough end to the season

Luis Suarez has been talking about how great he feels after taking a break from football after undergoing surgery on a knee injury.

The Uruguay international missed the end of the season after requiring surgery for a meniscus tear he picked up in the Champions League defeat to Liverpool.

Suarez has now been passed fit by Barcelona ahead of this summer’s Copa America campaign and seems in good spirits.

“These three weeks have been fantastic for me to clear my mind. It helped me forget the complicated end to the season with my club. The rest has been fantastic on a personal level to recover my fitness and the problems I’ve had with my cartilage.”

Source | Sport

Suarez made 50 appearances in all competitions for Barca last season so it is little surprise he was feeling burnt out by the end of a draining campaign.

The club are expected to sign another striker in the summer transfer window to reduce the burden on Suarez who will turn 33 in January.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.