Header Ads

De Jong not worried by early season form for Barcelona

Osasuna v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

The midfielder says he can play better

Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong says he’s not worried by his early season form for his new club and has vowed to improve as the season progresses.

The Spanish champions have endured a disappointing start with just one win from their opening three matches, and De Jong has started all three games for the Catalan giants.

De Jong was asked about adapting to life at Barcelona following his move from Ajax and whether he is worried by his start to life at the Camp Nou.

“No, I am new to the team and I have started in all three games despite the fact that we have many midfielders. But I think I can play better than I have in the league so far.

“I have to grow in whatever role I can play. I am happy that I am playing and I just want to make sure that I keep a place in the team.

“People believe that it is necessary to add goals and assists, but football is not so simple. I am not worried.”

Source | Mundo Deportivo

The midfielder is now on international duty with the Netherlands who have some crucial Euro 2020 qualifiers coming up. They play Germany on Friday and then head to Estonia on Monday.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.