Header Ads

Ronaldo says he never wanted to leave Barcelona

Claudio Villa Archive

The Brazilian has been talking about this time at Camp Nou

Ronaldo has been talking about his time at Barcelona and says he never wanted to leave the Camp Nou.

The Brazil international spent just one memorable season with the Catalan giants, scoring 47 goals in 49 games, before signing for Inter Milan in 1997.

The Nerazzurri landed Ronaldo for a then world-record transfer fee of $27 million, but the Brazilian has explained if it had been up to him he would have stayed.

“I’d signed a contract renewal at the end of the season and I went away with the Brazil national team. Five days later, they called me to tell me that I couldn’t continue with the renewal.

“It was never in my hands. I wanted to stay.

“If the club didn’t value me as I thought they should, then the decision wasn’t in my hands. I would have liked to have stayed, but it wasn’t up to me.”

Source | DAZN

Ronaldo spent five years at the San Siro before moving on to Real Madrid and becoming part of Florentino Pérez’s Galacticos.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.