Header Ads

Carles Perez says Barcelona ‘prefer to spend millions’ that trust youngsters

UEFA Europa League”KAA Gent v AS Roma”

The Roma forward doesn’t understand his exit

Carles Perez says he did not understand why Barcelona allowed him to leave in January and feels the club would rather “spend millions” that trust in their young players.

The 22-year-old saw plenty of game time in the first team in 2019-20, scoring three goals along the way, but was allowed to depart in January for Roma.

Perez has gone on to make seven appearances for the Serie A side, scoring his first goal against Gent in the Europa League, and has been talking about his time at Barca.

“I’m only thinking about succeeding at Roma,” he said.

”I have four more years on my contract and I’m focused on that.

”I didn’t understand my exit, but I respect the decision and thank the club for their treatment of me over the years.

“People talk about the academy, but sometimes they prefer to spend millions and don’t have patience with young players. That’s how it is. People have to forget my past there.”

Source | Marca

The youngster’s departure came as something of a surprise and, along with injuries to Luis Suarez and Ousmane Dembele, left the club short of attacking options before Martin Braithwaite arrived on an emergency transfer.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.