Header Ads

Emerson says he’s ready to play for Barcelona

Real Betis Balompie v SD Eibar SAD - La Liga Photo by Aitor Alcalde Colomer/Getty Images

The Betis defender also said Dani Alves is one of his idols

Real Betis defender Emerson, who is co-owned by Barcelona, says he feels ready to play for the Catalan giants.

The 21-year-old has enjoyed a strong season at Betis in 2019-20, scoring three times and grabbing five assists in 23 La Liga appearances.

There have already been rumors Barcelona could try to bring him to the Camp Nou ahead of schedule, and Emerson says playing for the Spanish champions would be a dream.

“Yes, I’m ready to play for Barcelona. I’ve also been asked before about going up to the Brazil senior team and my answer was the same.

”I’m not scared at all. Playing for Barca is a dream I’ve had since I was a child. I was always a Barca fan for the Brazilian stars that played there, like Ronaldinho or Dani Alves. And also for Messi or Abidal.

”I have four idols: Dani Alves, Cafu, Roberto Carlos and Marcelo. Many people compare my story with Alves’, yes. He’s an example. I also want to play in the Champions League with Barcelona and win as many cups as possible.”

Source | AS

Barcelona’s deal for Emerson means they can bring him to the Camp Nou in 2021 for €6m, while there have been rumors he could come earlier but the club would have to pay much more.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.