Header Ads

Mascherano: the game dominates most players, but Messi dominates the game

France v Argentina: Round of 16 - 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Photo by Lars Baron - FIFA/FIFA via Getty Images

The former club and international teammate had some thoughts on Messi

Javier Mascherano has spoken about his former Barcelona and Argentina teammate, Lionel Messi.

“His game is unique,” the midfielder said.

“He knows how to save himself and when to act, and that allows him to have seven, eight, or nine important actions during a match that are executed at 100%. That is thanks to his capacity to understand the game, and allows him to dominate the game, when for the majority, it is the game which dominates us.”

Mascherano now plays for Estudiantes de La Plata in the Argentine League, after spending some time in the Chinese Superleague following his departure from Barcelona.

“I was no longer able to be at a club as demanding as Barcelona. To keep insisting is a personal decision, as long as you have the energy,” Mascherano reflected.

“[Messi] has the biological age to keep going, because he was chosen as the best player on the planet. In my case, when I decided to leave Barcelona, it was because I thought I had reached my maximum point and from then I would start lowering my level.”

Mascherano was full of praise for the Barcelona #10.

“Leo makes decisions correctly and executes it correctly, not like others who can only do one. All of that, at the speed at which he plays, is different,” he said.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.