Header Ads

Rousaud says corruption is ‘evident’ at Barca after legal threat

FBL-ESP-LIGA-BARCELONA-BARTOMEU Photo credit should read JOSEP LAGO/AFP via Getty Images

The war of words continues...

Former Barcelona vice-president Emili Rousaud has hit back at the club after they released a statement confirming they would be taking legal action against the executive.

Rousaud was one of six directors to resign from the club last week and said after stepping down that he felt as though “someone has had their hands in the till.”

The club subsequently released a statement confirming changes at the club and insisting they “cannot tolerate allegations that seriously damage the institution’s image.”

Yet Rousaud has stuck by his comments in a statement given to Mundo Deportivo.

“For the sole purpose of responding to the announcement made by the FC Barcelona spokesperson about filing a criminal complaint against me for the statements made regarding the so-called ‘BarcaGate’ case, I want to state the following:

”1. The existence of corruption within the club is evident in the fact that it has already been shown that contracts between related companies (one based in a tax haven that violates the money laundering prevention law) have been paid in instalments in order to avoid internal controls, approval by the Adjudication Committee (which ensures purchases are made at market price) and the Board of Directors.

”2. The statements I made regarding this matter are absolutely true and demonstrable; the opinions that I have expressed are absolutely well-founded, which allows me to state that the announced complaint has no basis whatsoever.

”3. Unfortunately, when I made the club aware of these irregularities it became the cause of my resignation. However, it cannot be underestimated that there is a moral – and legal – obligation to publicly report irregular actions that may constitute crime.

“4. In this situation, I reserve the right to carry out legal actions in defence of my legitimate interests and rights, especially when considering that the announced complaint could be a crime of false accusation and a crime of insult, given its real purpose could only be to stain my personal honour. This matter is in the hands of my lawyer, Mr Diego Artacho from the DWF-RCD law firm.

”5. I have never questioned the honourability of our beloved club and its employees - on the contrary. I feel very honoured to have been able to serve my beloved Barca and to have had the opportunity to meet people who work in the club with great professional and human qualities.

”6. My intention at all times has been to be consistent with my performance on the board since the beginning, with actions guided by transparency, honesty and respect, and not to disappoint the trust that was placed in the board in past elections.”

Expect this latest saga, in what has been a chaotic season so far on and off the pitch, to contine for a while yet.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.