Header Ads

Luis Suarez talks Barca future: No-one has told me to leave

FC Barcelona v Club Atletico de Madrid - La Liga Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

The Uruguayan says he would accept being a substitute

Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has given an interview El Pais where he’s talked about his future at the club and whether he plans to stay at the Camp Nou.

Suarez referred to Josep Maria Bartomeu’s quote about the club’s “untouchables” and offered the following response when asked if he wants to stay.

“Yes, as long as I am counted on, I want to continue contributing as much as I can. I have felt the support of the people since I arrived and that also gives me a lot of strength to continue.

“They talk about some names that the president gave, about changes that can be made, but nobody told me that they want to do without me; If this is the wish of the club, it would be good if the person in charge you choose speaks directly to me. I’ve been at Barça for six years, enough time to say what they think.”

Suarez also, perhaps surprisingly, claimed he would be willing to be benched next season and play a reduced role at the club.

“Obviously. I would accept it here as I always accept it in my career. Competition is always good and if the coach considers that I should start from the bench, I have no problem helping with the role they give me. I think I can still contribute a lot to this club.”

The latest rumors have suggested Suarez is not in Ronald Koeman’s plans for next season and that the Dutchman is due to talk to the Uruguayan soon.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.