Header Ads

Pedri wants to ‘learn from the best’ at Barcelona

FC Barcelona Introduce New Player Pedro Gonzalez Lopez - ‘Pedri’ Photo by Pedro Salado/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The teenager has been unveiled at the Camp Nou

Pedri has been officially unveiled as a Barcelona player after signing a five-year contract at the Camp Nou.

The 17-year-old arrives from Las Palmas and looks to be a pretty exciting signing as the Catalans finally look to the future.

Pedri offered a few thoughts about his move to Barcelona at a press conference.

“It’s not every day you can sign for this club. I’m really looking forward to doing great things, but the pressure is the worst a footballer can have. You have to get rid of it as soon as possible and replace it with excitement.

“My idol has always been Andrés Iniesta and now I want to learn from the best, which is Leo Messi. Pedri is a nickname I have had since I was a child. Everyone knows me by that name and I want to keep it that way.”

Technical secretary Ramon Planes was also in attendance and confirmed the club’s latest signing has already attracted attention from elsewhere

“It is true that we have received many offers, first-class teams, important in Europe, but the idea of ​​the club is that he can be in the first team for many years and I am convinced that he will be with us for many years.”

It’s still not clear if Pedri will stay or head out on loan and much may depend on whether the teenager can impress new manager Ronald Koeman in pre-season training.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.