Header Ads

Pedri: I can bring something to this team

FC Barcelona v Gimnastic de Tarragona - Pre-Season Friendly Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

The 17-year-old made his debut against Nastic

Pedri enjoyed a bright debut for Barcelona in Saturday’s 3-1 pre-season friendly win over Nastic and spoke about how it’s a dream come true to play for the Catalan giants.

The 17-year-old also insisted he can be an asset to the team ahead of the new season, and he’ll be hoping he’s done enough to be part of Ronald Koeman’s first-team squad.

“Although it wasn’t at the Camp Nou, this is a dream come true. To play alongside the best players in the world doesn’t happen every day and I’m very happy. I don’t need to change the way I play, I can bring something to this team. I move around a lot and I love being in possession.”

Pedri also spoke about the advice he’d received from Koeman before the match and why he’d decided to dummy the ball for Ousmane Dembele’s early opener.

“He told me I’d be playing as the number 10, to try and get involved, receive the ball behind the midfielders and that’s where I can do the most damage. I knew if I let the ball go, there would be someone coming in to score.”

Source | Sport

The teenager has already admitted he does have offers to go out on loan next season but will get another chance to impress on Wednesday in Barca’s second pre-season friendly against Girona.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.