Header Ads

Memphis discusses his love of playing with De Jong

Italy v Holland -UEFA Nations league Photo by Eric Verhoeven/Soccrates/Getty Images

The two really click, apparently

Memphis Depay and Frenkie de Jong have a nice relationship on the pitch. As of now, it’s only for the Dutch national team, but in 2021 it might also be for Barcelona.

Depay has, of course, been linked with Barca since Ronald Koeman’s arrival at the club. Salary and budget constraints stopped the deal from taking place over the summer, but Barca seem to be pushing for a January move.

Memphis chatted a bit about his enjoyment of playing with fellow Dutchman and potential future Barca team-mate Frenkie de Jong.

“From the moment I came to Oranje, I immediately felt a good connection with Wesley Sneijder. He always tailored the ball beautifully. When I look at my teammates now, I have the best click with Frenkie de Jong.

“He finds me very often. Frenkie is fantastic. His technique, his dribble. He can do everything: take care of the build-up, give assists and he can also score. Only he has to shoot more often, I told him that. Off the field. I get along best with Quincy Promes, he’s one of my best friends.”

Depay | Source

The duo are set to line up again for the Netherlands on Sunday against Bosnia & Herzegovina in the Nations League.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.