Header Ads

Messi happy with Argentina’s win over Peru

Peru v Argentina - South American Qualifiers for Qatar 2022
Photo by Daniel Apuy/Getty Images

The captain feels his team are “becoming stronger”

Lionel Messi has offered his thoughts on Argentina’s 2-0 win over Peru on Tuesday in World Cup qualifying.

Lionel Scaloni’s men made it three wins out of four with the victory and bounced back from a disappointing draw to Paraguay last time out.

Messi was happy with the result and also feels his team are making progress.

“Happy with the victory, we needed it after the game we played the other day,” he said.

“From the beginning we had a great match, the goals came and we created many, many chances.The second half the other day was already very good and I think we continued on the same line, even raising the level a bit.

“I think this is the way we have to follow. Little by little we are becoming stronger as a group.

“Whenever I come here I try to do my best and I feel qualified to fight for this shirt. I feel good to continue working and adding games.”

The Barcelona captain will now head back to his club side ahead of a big game against Atletico Madrid. The Catalan giants are at the Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday in La Liga in a game they really can’t afford to lose.



Source: barcablaugranes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.